Delicious and easy 3-ingredient Vegan Ice Cream made in less than 30 minutes! Enjoy this dairy-free and vegan take on traditional ice cream with this plant-based ice cream recipe using just coconut cream, sugar and vanilla. Add your favorite toppings for the ultimate summer treat!
- 2 (15-ounce) cans full fat coconut cream, chilled (see notes)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste*
- If your ice cream maker requires a pre-frozen base, make sure to put it in the freezer 24 hours before you plan to make this recipe.
- Add one whole can of coconut milk, the cream from the top of the second can (but not the liquid), granulated sugar, and vanilla bean paste to a high speed blender and blend until smooth– about 30-45 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture to ice cream machine and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions (or until your desired consistency). In my ice cream maker, it took 15 minutes to churn to a thick, smooth ice cream.
- Serve immediately as soft serve or transfer to a loaf pan and wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for at least four hours and then scoop and serve.
- Store any leftover ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer for up to two weeks.
- Make sure to use coconut cream, not a low fat or light coconut milk. The more fat content in the ice cream, the creamier it will be! We use one full can of coconut cream (the thick white part and the liquid) and then only the thick white part from the second can. You can always save the liquid from the second can for smoothies!
- I used granulated sugar to sweeten the ice cream but you could also use brown sugar, honey, or a sugar substitute.
- Vanilla bean paste gives the ice cream a rich vanilla flavor while also adding little specks of vanilla bean. You can substitute the vanilla bean paste with 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Ice Cream Machine
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan ice cream, dairy-free ice cream, coconut cream ice cream