For the graham cracker crust:
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, finely ground (this is about 9 full sheets of graham crackers)
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons of vegan butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 cup of silken tofu (about 7 ounces)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup of lime juice (about 3–4 limes juiced)
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1 ripe avocado
To make the crust:
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- If you haven’t already done so, make the crumbs by adding the graham crackers to a food processor and pulsing until you have fine crumbs. Add the remaining crust ingredients and pulse until fully combined. This can also be done in a large bowl if you have already made the crumbs.
- Pour the mixture into the pie pan and press it evenly into the bottom and sides. This makes a rather thick crust.
- Bake for 8 minutes and then let cool until ready to use.
For the pie:
- In a food processor or blender, combine the tofu, coconut oil, lime juice and zest, maple syrup, and avocado. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your pie crust and spread into an even layer. Gently tap the pie on a flat surface to release any air.
- Chill in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until nicely firm. Move the pie to the refrigerator and ENJOY! I like to let mine sit in the fridge for at least an hour before serving but that’s not totally necessary.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan pie, key lime pie, healthy pei