This vegan lasagna tastes just like the classic but with no dairy and no meat! It’s still ridiculously satisfying and great for a crowd.
- 2– 24 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce
- 12 un-cooked lasagna noodles*
- 2 heaping cups of vegan ricotta (you can also use store bought if you have it in your area!)
- 1 10-12 oz package of frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves (you can leave these out if desired)
- 1 cup of vegan mozzarella shreds**
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a casserole dish (I used a 10×14 inch lasagna casserole pan) by spreading out 1/2 cup of the sauce across the bottom of the pan.
- Cook your lasagna noodles according to package instructions so that they’re al-dente and not quite cooked all of the way (they’ll finish cooking in the oven).
- Layer up the lasagna by placing 3 lasagna noodles across the bottom of the dish. Top it with 1/3 of the ricotta and then spread out 1/3 of the spinach and basil (if using). Top with 1 1/2 cups of the sauce. Repeat this until all of the ingredients are used up: 3 more noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta, 1/3 of the spinach and basil, 1 1/2 cups of sauce, 3 more noodles, remaining ricotta, remaining spinach and basil, 1 1/2 cups of sauce. Top with remaining noodles and then the remaining sauce. If using, sprinkle on the vegan cheese.
- Top with tin foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!
*I recommend using regular lasagna noodles and cooking them first but you could also replace them with no-boil noodles and skip the boiling pre-cooking process.
**The mozzarella shreds are optional. You could also replace it with homemade vegan mozzarella if desired!
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan italian recipe, vegan lasagna, vegan dinner recipe