Easy Vegan Mac and Cheese that the whole family will LOVE!
- 1/2 pound of dried pasta of choice
- heaping 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked overnight and then drained & rinsed(or see notes for quick soaking)*
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup veggie broth
- 1 tablespoon of vegan butter, softened
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Start by steaming your carrot. Cut it into smaller pieces (I cut mine into about 6 pieces) and then place it into a pot. Cover with water and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook until fork tender. Let cool.
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, combine the soaked cashews, steamed carrots, nutritional yeast, broth, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Once pasta is done, drain and rinse and then pour the cheese sauce over top. Stir to combine and season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
* you can quick soak your cashews by covering them in a pot with water and bring to a boil. Let boil for a few minutes and then take off of the heat. Let sit for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Category: pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan cheese, vegan mac and cheese, vegan pasta