- 2 ½ pounds of yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced it large chunks (about 4–6 pieces per potato)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ⅓ cup of non-dairy milk
- ⅓ cup of vegan mayo
- ¼ cup of vegan butter, at room temperature
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place your peeled and chopped potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. You want the potatoes fully covered with about an inch of water above the potatoes. Stir in 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Place on the stove and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 15-20 minutes. Once done, drain water and return the potatoes to the pot.
- Add the softened butter to the pot with the potatoes and mash with a potato masher OR by using an electric beater. Mash until creamy and little or no chunks remain.
- Stir in the mayo and salt and pepper to taste. I like to start with about 1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt and a little pepper and then add more, tasting as I go.
- Serve and ENJOY!
- Category: side dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan side dish, vegan mashed potatoes, vegan thanksgiving