Easy and delicious vegan meatloaf!
- 2 lb. Pure Farmland® Plant- Based Simply Seasoned Protein Starters
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons of plant based milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbs flaxseed meal + 3 tbs water)
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ cup of finely chopped parsley
- For the Topping:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and generously grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the carrot, onion, celery, and garlic. Saute until the veggies begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Add in 2 tablespoons of ketchup and stir to combine. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the protein starter, sautéed veggie mixture, bread crumbs, milk, flax egg, parsley, salt and pepper. Using your hands or a large spoon, stir until fully combined.
- Press the mixture into your prepared loaf pan and top with the remaining 1/4 cup of ketchup. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the inside reaches a temperature of 155 degrees F.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan dinner, vegan thanksgiving, vegan main dish