Deliciously rich and creamy Vegan Milkshake that’s made with bananas, any plant-based milk and your favorite add-ins to create either a vanilla, chocolate, mint chocolate chip or turtle milkshake. A kid (and adult) friendly dessert recipe that’s perfectly sweet and takes less than 5 minutes to make. This incredible vegan shake is the perfect quick + easy treat!
- 2 bananas, chopped and frozen (can sub for 1 heaping cup of vegan ice cream)
- ½ cup plant based milk
- Add ins, to taste (see below)
- Vanilla: add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon of vanilla bean paste.
- Chocolate: add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder or use a chocolate flavored milk.
- Oreo: 1/4 cup of crumbled oreos.
- Mint Chocolate Chip: add 1-2 drop of mint extract and 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips (and green food coloring, if desired).
- Turtle: Add 2 tablespoons of vegan caramel sauce, 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips, and 1 tablespoon of toasted pecans.
- Combine the bananas and milk in a high speed blender and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary– about 2 minutes.
- Add any desired flavorings and blend to combine. Serve immediately.
To make the chocolate shell, melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Dip the edge of your cup in the melted chocolate and then place it in the fridge to harden (about 5 minutes).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan, milk shake, chocolate milk shake