ONE BOWL easy and delicious VEGAN muffins!
- 1 cup of flour (I use all purpose but you can also use whole wheat, pastry flour, or a gluten free 1-1 substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of nut butter- I used peanut butter this time but have also made these with almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup of non dairy chocolate chips- I used mini chocolate chips*
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 6 cup muffin tin.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and mashed banana. Stir until well combined.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the 6 muffin cups.
- Top with a few more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!!
*you can make these gluten free by using oat flour OR a gluten free 1-1 flour but I have not tried these with almond or coconut flour
*the chocolate chips can be swapped for an even amount of something else such as fruit, nuts, etc. Get creative and have fun!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 22 g
- Sodium: 222.4 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.1 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan muffins