- 1 15 ounce can of white beans (I used cannellini beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 large jalapeno, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 2 heaping tablespoons of flour (I used al purpose flour but oat flour would be a great gf alternative!)
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste (but it doesn’t need much!)
- In a medium pot, stir together the beans, broth, jalapeno, and spices. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Stir in the nutritional yeast, dijon. Whisk in the flour and continue to whisk until the sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Add in the bell pepper.
- Blend the mixture using an immersion blender OR in a blender/ food processor.
- Season to taste with S&P.
Recipe adapted from 500 Vegan Recipes
- Category: dips
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan sauce, nacho sauce, healthy nacho sauce