No baking required and only simple ingredients needed to make these irresistible, crave-worthy Vegan No Bake Cookies. This is a quick and easy recipe that results in chocolate, peanut butter cookies with a soft oatmeal texture that are full of nostalgic flavor! The perfect treat for kids and adults!
- ½ cup (1 stick) vegan butter
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar (light or dark)
- ½ cup of plant based milk
- ⅓ cup of cocoa powder
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups of quick cooking oats
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- Combine the vegan butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and non-dairy milk in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Stir often and bring the mixture to a gentle bubble (not quite a rolling boil). Cook until the sugar has fully dissolved— about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cocoa powder and peanut butter and whisk to combine. Continue whisking until no lumps remain— about 2 minutes.
- Next, turn off the heat and add the vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Fold the oats into the mixture, making sure that all of the oats are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Scoop the mixture out onto the prepared baking sheets and transfer the cookies to the fridge to set for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer the cookies to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to five days.
- I like a really soft and chewy cookie! If you prefer your cookies to have a bit more shape and sturdiness, increase the oats to 3 – 3 1/4 cups.
- I used Country Crock plant butter and Silk unsweetened almond milk but use whatever you have on hand!
- I used a natural process cocoa powder but dutch process or dark cocoa will also work— just make sure you’re using baking cocoa, not hot cocoa mix!
- I topped the cookies with flakey sea salt, but that’s optional!
- Category: Cookies
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake cookies, vegan, peanut butter