These Vegan Banana Pancakes are easy to make and SO delicious for a vegan breakfast!
- 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 banana, finely mashed (can be added in whole if using a blender)
- Cooking spray for griddle
- Pure maple syrup or agave for topping
- 1 cup of optional mix ins such as fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.**
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond milk, vanilla, coconut oil, and mashed banana.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Gently stir to combine.
- Fold in any mix ins until just combined.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat. The trick with these pancakes is to cook them over a medium-low heat for a longer period of time. Mine took about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- For large-ish pancakes, pour 1/2 cup of the batter onto the griddle. Once the bottom and sides have firmed up (about 2-3 minutes) flip the pancake. Cook for 4-5 minutes on the other side until a nice golden brown. Flip again and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the original side.
- Once all done, top with fruit and syrup and ENJOY!!
**These pancakes can easily be made in a blender by simply combining all of the ingredients and blending until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: pancakes, vegan, breakfast