This is THE best vegan parmesan cheese that you will ever have! It’s simple to make and easily adaptable.
- 1 cup of cashews (almonds, walnuts, pecans, pinenuts, and sunflower seeds also work well)
- ¼ cup of nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse in bursts until the nuts are broken down and the mixture resembles finely grated parmesan cheese.
- Taste and add a bit more salt as desired. I like mine a little saltier to mimic traditional parmesan cheese.
- Store leftovers in an air tight container at room temperature or in the fridge if you don’t plan to eat it all within a week.
- Category: cheese
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan cheese, vegan parmesan cheese, dairy free cheese