Easy and Crispy Baked Parmesan Crusted Tofu!
- 1 block of firm or extra firm tofu (14–16 oz)
- 1 cup of plant based milk
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup of all-purpose four (oat flour would also work well)
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- ⅓ cup of vegan parmesan cheese (can also use a store bought parmesan like the vegan parm from Violife)
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- Start by prepping your tofu. Press out the excess moisture (see my full guide HERE for pressing tofu with and without a tofu press) and slice it into your desired shape. I like simple cubes but strips and triangles work well too.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F. And lightly spray a large baking sheet.
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk together the milk and lemon juice to make a vegan buttermilk. It will curdle a little and that’s what we want.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. In one more separate bowl, mix together the vegan parmesan with the panko bread crumbs.
- One piece at a time, dip each piece of tofu in the flour, covering completely, and then dip the tofu into the milk mixture. Repeat that step, dipping it in the flour and then again in the milk. Place the tofu into the panko mixture and cover completely, pressing the panko lightly into the tofu. Place the piece of tofu on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all of the tofu.
- Spritz the top of the tofu with cooking spray and bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through to brown on both sides. Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan crispy tofu, crusted tofu, panko crusted tofu