Easy and Delicious Vegan Pasta Salad!
- 1 pound of pasta ( I used spirals)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 can of sliced black olives (mine was 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley or cilantro (I used parsley)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- Good pinch of sugar
- Cook pasta according to directions to your desired doneness. Drain and let cool. If serving the pasta salad cold, run the cooked pasta under cold water to cool it off quite a bit.
- While the pasta cooks, chop up your veggies and make your dressing.
- Make the dressing by combining the olive oil, vinegar, spices, and sugar. Whisk until fully combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chopped veggies, parsley (or cilantro) and dressing. Toss until the pasta and veggies are fully coated in the dressing.
- Salt and pepper to taste and ENJOY!!!
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pasta salad, summer recipes, vegan salad