You’re going to LOVE these Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies that are just like the classic you grew up eating as a kid!
- 1 cup creamy all natural peanut butter (you want the drippy kind that needs to be stirred)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack in the middle of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the peanut butter and sugars in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add in remaining ingredients to a bowl and mix well with a large spoon or spatula until a dough forms.
- Spoon out dough into 1 ½ tablespoons and roll into a ball. Place 2-3 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Use a fork to lightly press down the dough in two directions.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until cookie has slightly spread and edges are lightly golden brown. Remove and allow to cool.
- Smooth, no-stir peanut butter does not work well here.
- The dough will seem quite thick and crumbly but that’s okay. I like to take the 1 ½ tablespoons dough and really press it together so it’s compact and then roll it so it’s nice and round.
- When pressing down with a fork, I found that the edges really crumbled quite a bit. To make them look a little prettier, I formed the edges back into a circle just a little but see photo for reference that mine were by no means perfectly round.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookies
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 148.2 mg
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.3 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan cookies, vegan baking, peanut butter cookies