EASY pizza dough recipe that’s perfect for pizza night and easy dinners delicious dinners :D
- 1 cup of warm water (I usually aim to get it to a bit over 100 degrees F)
- 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (you can make this with cane sugar or coconut sugar but that may alter the color of the dough)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour plus more for dusting
- Start out by pre-heating your oven to 450 degrees F. If you have a pizza stone, put it in the oven while it pre-heats. If not, line a baking tray or pizza tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm water, yeast, and sugar. Stir to combine and let sit for 5 minutes while the yeast foams.
- Add the olive oil, salt, and 2 cups of the flour and stir with a spatula until it comes together. It will be a rather sticky ball at this point.
- Generously flour a work surface and pour the dough onto the surface. Slowly add in the remaining 1/2 cup of flour as you kneed the dough. Continue to kneed for a few minutes until the dough becomes smooth forms a nice ball.
- Place your piece of parchment paper on a clean surface and place the dough ball in a middle. Roll the dough out to your desired shape and thickness. Poke the dough all over with a fork to avoid it bubbling but be careful that you aren’t poking all of the way through to the bottom.
- If using a pizza stone, transfer to the pizza stone and top with your desired toppings and bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
- If NOT using a pizza stone, place the dough onto your sheet and pre-bake it for 5 minutes. Take out of the oven and add your toppings then bake for 12-15 additional minutes. I like to do the pre-bake and final bake on the lower rack of my oven.
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan pizza, easy pizza dough, quick pizza dough recipe