Incredibly creamy Vegan Potato Leek Soup is made with leeks, garlic and Yukon gold potatoes, all in a thick and flavorful broth. An easy dinner option that’s hearty, comforting and quick to make!
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 cups sliced leeks, rinsed and dried
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 3 cups peeled and diced yukon gold potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut cream, well stirred
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the butter to a large heavy bottomed stock pot or dutch oven set over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the leeks and stir to coat them with butter. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the leeks are tender.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for another minute.
- Add the diced potato and vegetable stock. Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium low.
- Simmer the soup for 10-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the soup from the heat and add the coconut cream. Use an immersion or high speed blender to puree the soup until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.
- Store any leftover soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: potato soup, potato leek soup, vegan potato soup