Easy and delicious Vegan Protein Bars!
- 3/4 cup of dates, pitted and lightly packed
- 1 cup of natural nut butter (a drippy kind is best)
- 1/2 cup of flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup of plant based protein powder
- 3–6 oz of dark chocolate (this simply depends on how much you want), some for top and some for bottom of bars
- Put all of your ingredients (MINUS the chocolate) into a food processor and process until fully combined. You’ll know it’s ready once you can roll the mixture into a ball and it stays together easily. (if needed, you can add more nut butter, maple syrup, or fruit to the mixture to make it stick together)
- Once the mixture is ready, dump it all in a square dish. I used an 8×8 pan.
- Now, this is important: You need to press it ALL in there really good. It needs to be nice and tight and compact in the dish.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Melt dark chocolate and pour over top.
- Refrigerate for an additional 30 minutes or until the chocolate has fully dried.
- Once the chocolate is fully hardened, cut out your bars (in whatever size you so desire). Getting the first bar out of the pan might be a little messy. However, the rest will come out just fine.
- If desired, drizzle chocolate over top of the other side of the bars, let chocolate harden, and ENJOY!
- Category: protein bars
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan protein bars, protein bars, homemade protein bars