- 1/2 pound of dried pasta of choice
- heaping 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked overnight and then drained & rinsed(or see notes for quick soaking)*
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup veggie broth
- 1 tablespoon of vegan butter, melted
- 1/4–1/3 cup of plant based milk
- 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Cook the pasta according to its package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce: in a food processor or high speed blender, combine the soaked cashews, pumpkin, nutritional yeast, broth, milk, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Once pasta is done, drain and rinse and then pour the cheese sauce over top. Stir to combine and season with additional salt and pepper as needed. ENJOY!
* you can quick soak your cashews by covering them in a pot with water and bring to a boil. Let boil for a few minutes and then take off of the heat. Let sit for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan mac and cheese, vegan pasta, pumpkin mac and cheese