Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe that’s easy to make and SO DELICIOUS!
- 2 1/2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup or agave
- 3/4 cup of milk (I tested this with plain almond milk AND coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 unbaked vegan pie crust (THIS coconut oil pie crust is also great!)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, combine all of the pie ingredients (minus the crust of course :)) and blend until creamy and smooth. Should only take a minute.
- Pour the pie filling into your crust (I do NOT pre-bake the crust in this recipe) and spread out until it’s smooth.
- Bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes. The top should be firm and the crust should be lightly browned around the edges. If the crust begins to get too brown around the edges, cover the crust with foil or use pie protectors.
- Once done, take out of the oven and let cool on the counter. Put in the fridge and let cool completely. The cooling process really firms up the pie so although you’ll want to eat it right away, try and refrain :)
- Top with some whipped coconut cream and ENJOY!!
**If you’re making my vegan pie crust of my coconut oil pie crust: make the crust as called for and put it in the fridge while you make the filling. I do not pre-bake my crust for this pumpkin pie recipe. The amount of time it takes to make the filling is the perfect amount of time for the crust to sit in the fridge and harden back up a bit.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: pie, dessert, vegan, pumpkin, pie