Vegan Ricotta Cheese that’s perfect for lasagna and any other recipe that you would traditionally use ricotta!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 14 ounces of extra firm tofu, drained and lightly pressed of excess moisture
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add in the onion and cook for 5 minutes until they start to turn translucent. Add in the garlic and continue to saute for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic mixture to the bowl of a food processor and add in the remaining ingredients. Pulse for a few times so that the ingredients are fully combined but the ricotta still has a bit of chunks and texture to it.
- Season to taste with more salt as needed and ENJOY! Can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Category: Cheese Alternative
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan cheese, cheese alternative, tofu ricotta cheese