This Vegan salsa con queso is easy to make and so ridiculously delicious considering it’s dairy free!
- 1 15 ounce can of white beans (I used cannellini beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth (I use this broth base)
- 1 large jalapeno, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 3 heaping tablespoons of all purpose flour*
- salt and pepper to taste (but it doesn’t need much!)
- 1 cup of chunky salsa (could also use rotel)
- 4 ounce can of green chiles, drained
- In a medium pot, stir together the beans, broth, jalapeno, bell pepper, and spices. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Stir in the nutritional yeast, dijon. Whisk in the flour and continue to whisk until the sauce begins to thicken, bout 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Blend the mixture using an immersion blender OR add it to the base of a blender/ food processor and blend until creamy.
- Pour the queso into a large bowl and mix in the chunky salsa and green chiles. Serve immediately and ENJOY!
*oat flour or a gluten free blend would also work well
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: dip
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan queso, vegan salsa con queso, vegan cheese dip