If you’re looking for the perfect easy dinner recipe, these Vegan Stuffed Shells are for you! Jumbo pasta shells are filled with a mix of spinach and vegan ricotta, then covered in marinara sauce and baked to tender, golden perfection. A classic Italian meal that’s hearty, comforting and great for feeding a crowd!
- 12 ounces of jumbo shells
- 10 ounces of frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 batch of vegan ricotta
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce
- optional: fresh herbs for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook shells according to package instructions so that they’re al dente (it will cook a bit more in the oven). Once done, drain and let cool slightly.
- In a bowl, stir together the vegan ricotta, dried oregano, and thawed/ squeezed spinach.
- In the bottom of your baking dish, spread half of the marinara sauce so that it covers the dish.
- Take each jumbo shells and fill it moderately with the ricotta mixture and then place it in the baking dish on top of the sauce. Once they’re all stuffed, evenly pour the sauce on the top of the shells and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and serve with fresh herbs. ENJOY!
- Make ahead. You can assemble the stuffed shells in the baking dish for up to 8 hours before you plan to bake it. Cover the baking dish with foil or plastic wrap and transfer it to the fridge until you’re ready to cook. Bring the dish to room temperature before baking (or add a bit of cooking time). You can also just simply make the ricotta cheese a day or two ahead of time. Store it in an airtight container, in the refrigerator until you’re ready to make the dish.
- Storing leftovers. Store any leftover shells covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven until warmed through.
- Freezing. Vegan stuffed shells will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months. Assemble the shells, then cover tightly and freeze. When you’re ready to eat, bake the shells from frozen and add about 30 minutes to the cooking time. You can also freeze individual portions of leftover shells that have already been cooked. Reheat previously baked shells in the microwave in 60 second intervals until heated through.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan dinner, stuffed shells, italian vegan recipe