Easy and delicious sweet potato pie that’s fully vegan and simple to make!
- 2 1/2 cups of sweet potato puree* (from about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup or agave
- 1 cup of milk (I typically make mine with plain almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of dried ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon of all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 unbaked pie crust (see HERE for my vegan pie crust)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9” pie pan.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, combine all of the pie ingredients (minus the crust of course :)) and blend until creamy and smooth. Should only take a minute.
- Pour the pie filling into your crust (I do NOT pre-bake the crust in this recipe) and spread out until it’s smooth.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes. The top should be firm and the crust should be lightly browned around the edges. If the crust begins to get too brown around the edges, cover the crust with foil or use pie protectors.
- Once done, take out of the oven and let cool on the counter. Put in the fridge and let cool completely.
*I chopped up 2 medium peeled sweet potatoes into large chunks and cooked them in boiling water until soft and very fork tender. You can cook them whole in the oven if you prefer. Once cooked and lightly cooled, puree the flesh of the sweet potato in a blender or food processor until smooth and no lumps remain. Measure out 2 ½ cups of the puree for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan pie, vegan dessert,