This Vegan Taco Salad is so simple to make and is a truly great FILLING vegetarian meal that everyone will love.
- 1 batch of walnut taco meat (also try THIS tempeh taco meat or THIS tofu taco meat)
- 4–6 cups of romaine depending on how big you want the salads
- Handful of tortilla chips, crumbled
- 1/2 cup of pico de gallo or other salsa (can sub with diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup of canned corn (or fresh/ thawed as desired)
- 1/2 cup of cooked black beans
- Lime wedge for serving
- 1/2 of an avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup of vegan sour cream
- 1/3 cup of your favorite salsa
- If you haven’t already done so, make your vegan taco meat. My favorite is the walnut taco meat but the tofu or tempeh meat is delicious as well!
- Make the dressing by mixing together the sour cream and salsa until combined.
- Assemble the salads by evenly dividing all of the ingredients among 2 bowls. You can also make 4 smaller salads as desired!
- For meal prep: mix together the salad, corn, and pico de gallo. In a separate container, mix together the vegan meat and black beans. Before serving, heat up the meat mixture and place it on top of the lettuce along with the remaining ingredients and dressing.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: salad
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan salad, vegan taco salad, vegetarian taco salad