Easy and delicious Vegan Tater Tot Casserole!
- 12 ounces of Sweet Earth Awesome Grounds
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons of vegan butter
- 1 ½ cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- ¾ cup of plant based milk
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce*
- 2lb bag of tater tots
- Parsley for topping
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium, heat your oil. Once hot, add in the Awesome grounds and cook according to package instructions until fully cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet (no need to clean it), melt the butter. Add in the mushroom, onion, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook until the mushrooms begin to soften, about 6 minutes. Add in garlic and cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour, stirring constantly, and cook for one additional minute. Slowly pour in the broth and then the milk, stirring the whole time. Stir in the soy sauce and worcestershire sauce. Simmer until thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the Awesome Grounds until fully incorporated and then spread the mixture even in the pan. Top with the tater tots. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tater tots are starting to turn a golden brown (everything else is cooked so we’re simply trying to crisp up the tater tots!).
- Let cool slightly, serve, and ENJOY!
*Not all Worcestershire sauces are vegan so check the label. If you can’t find a vegan variety, you can sub it for more soy sauce
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 387
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 882.7 mg
- Fat: 21.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.9 g
- Protein: 20.6 g
- Cholesterol: 57.8 mg
Keywords: tater tot casserole, vegetarian casserole, vegan casserole