Easy Vegetarian Fajitas has quickly become one of our favorite meals! This tasty fajita recipe is tender portobello mushrooms cooked with plenty of fresh peppers, and sweet onion tossed in an easy homemade seasoning blend and piled high in warm tortillas. These flavorful portobello fajitas are a great weeknight dinner recipe the whole family will love!
For the Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced into ¼” slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
Other Fajita Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into ¼” slices
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into ¼” slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into ¼” slices
- 1 red or sweet onion, sliced into ¼” slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Serving suggestions: tortillas, lime wedges, hot sauce, cilantro, avocado, salsa, guacamole, etc
- Combine the sliced mushrooms, olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, and spices in a small bowl. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for at least five minutes, but up to one hour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and allow it to heat for a minute.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan (make sure they’re in a single layer) and sear them for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set them aside.
- Add the bell pepper and onions and cook, stirring occasionally until they have softened and started to caramelize around the edges– about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, followed by the mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Serve the fajitas with your choice of toppings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Vegetarian Fajitas Recipe, portobello fajitas, portobello mushroom fajitas