Vegan Pad Thai has bold, wonderful flavors, and it tastes like a dish you’d find at a Thai restaurant, but made and enjoyed in the comfort of your home. A perfectly filling and satisfying meal, you’re sure to love!
- 1 (8 ounce) bag of rice noodles
- ¼ cup of veggie broth
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 1 lime, juiced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 carrots, julienned or in matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned or in matchsticks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of bean sprouts (optional)
- 1 cup of snow peas
- ¼ cup of peanuts, chopped
- For serving: lime wedges and fresh parsley or cilantro, optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add in the pad thai rice noodles. Cook according to the directions on the packaging– usually about 5 minutes. Drain the noodles and rinse them under cold water.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable stock, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, lime juice, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and allow it to heat for a minute. Next, add the carrots and bell pepper and sauté until the vegetables are softened and start to caramelize– about 5-7 minutes.
- Next, remove the vegetables to a bowl and add the sauce to the pan. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Add the pad thai noodles, cooked vegetables, green onions, bean sprouts, and snow peas. Toss to combine and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are warmed through.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and garnish with chopped peanuts, lime, and/or parsley/cilantro and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 704
- Sugar: 12.8 g
- Sodium: 690.4 mg
- Fat: 8.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 135.2 g
- Protein: 20.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan, pad thai