For the Fajitas:
- 12 fajita-sized flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 8oz of Mexican blend cheese (Vegan as desired! Violife is my favorite)
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small green pepper, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder*
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Lime wedges
- Chopped cilantro/parsley
- Sour Cream
- Hot Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 425F. Spray a quarter sheet pan (~9×13 inches) generously with olive oil spray. Rub the oil around to make sure every corner of the sheet pan is covered— you don’t want the quesadilla to stick! **
- In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and paprika. Set aside.
- Lay out the tortillas so that they evenly cover the pan, making sure the tortillas along the edges have at least a few inches hanging over the sides— these will need to cover the top of the quesadilla. See photo above for reference!
- On top of the tortillas, evenly spread out the cheese, black beans, green pepper, sweet onion, and spice mixture. Give everything a gently toss to coat in the spices and then press down on it slightly to pack it together into the pan.
- Fold the tortillas on the sides of the pan over the filling and add another 2-3 tortillas to the center to make sure the filling is fully covered.
- Spray the top of the quesadilla lightly with olive oil spray and place a second sheet pan on top.
- Bake the quesadilla for 20 minutes. Then, remove the top pan and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes, or the quesadilla is golden brown and crisp on top.
- Slice and enjoy! Store any leftover quesadilla in the refrigerator for up to two days!
This recipe can easily be doubled to accommodate a standard half-sheet pan.
You can replace the spices with 3 teaspoons of your favorite taco seasoning.
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegetarian quesadilla, sheet pan quesadilla, easy quesadillas