A Vodka Sour is a classic vodka cocktail that’s light and refreshing with the perfect balance of sweet and tart. This cocktail recipe is easy to make with a mix of vodka, fresh lemon juice, simple syrup and a frothy egg white. Garnish with a twist of lemon peel and you have the perfect drink for happy hour!
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 large pasteurized egg white
- 1 dash Angostura bitters, optional
- Add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds, or until the outside of the shaker is chilled and beginning to condensate.
- Strain into your preferred glass (I’m using a coupe glass, but a lowball glass would also work.)
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and enjoy!
Flavor Variations: For a fun twist on a vodka sour, add up to 1 ounce of your preferred flavoring! Lime juice, pomegranate juice, grenadine, orange juice, blood orange liqueur, chambord – the possibilities are endless!
Vegan Variation: Rather than using an egg white, substitute two tablespoons of aquafaba and shake as directed.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vodka sour, vodka cocktail, sour cocktail