Learn how to make a simple and classic Whiskey Smash using just 4 simple ingredients!
- 1/2 of a medium lemon, cut into wedges (plus more for garnish)*
- 1 oz of simple syrup
- 2 ounces of bourbon
- 5 mint leaves
- In the bottom of a shaker or glass, muddle the lemon and mint so that you release the juice and flavors.
- Add in the bourbon and simple syrup and then about a cup of ice.
- Cover the top and shake 30 about 30 times.
- Strain into a small glass filled with ice and garnish with extra mint and lemon. ENJOY!
*this ends up being about 1 1/2-2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Category: cocktail
- Method: shaker
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: cocktail, classic cocktail, whiskey smash cocktail