- 1.5 pounds of boneless chicken breast, diced into small cubes
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of olive/ coconut oil
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of green chiles
- 1 medium jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 8 ounces of monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup of frozen (or fresh) corn
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cans of white beans (I used 1 can cannellini and 1 can great northern)
- Juice of half a lime (~a tablespoon)
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat and then add in the chopped chicken and onion.
- Cook until the chicken is just barely done and then add in the garlic to saute for an additional minute.
- Add in the green chiles, jalapeno, oregano, cumin, and cayenne. Stir and cook for another couple minutes.
- Pour the broth into the pot, stir, and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Still on low heat, stir in the cheese continuing to stir until mostly melted and combined.
- **Optional: process/ puree HALF of the white beans to create a creamier chili.
- Now add in the beans (both the whole beans and the processed beans), the corn, and the cilantro. Stir. Simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Before serving stir in lime juice. And Salt & pepper to taste
- Top with a tiny bit more cheese and cilantro and ENJOY!!