Cozy Vegetarian White Chickpea Chili is easy to make with green chiles, corn, chickpeas and blended white beans to make it thick and creamy. This is a wonderful plant-based dinner the whole family will love. Serve with cheese, avocado, cilantro and tortilla chips for the perfect meal!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 6–8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne
- 1 8–oz can of green chiles (or 2 4-oz cans)
- 1 15–oz can of chickpeas
- 2 15–oz cans of white beans (divided)
- 4 cups of veggie broth, divided
- 1/2 cup of sour cream or greek yogurt (vegan as desired- cashew cream also works well here)
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro (plus more for serving)
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Juice of half a lime (~1 tablespoon)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, sauté the onion for 5 minutes. Add in garlic and jalapeño and cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Stir in the oregano, cumin, and cayenne and cook for 1 more minute.
- Mix in the green chiles, chickpeas, ONE can of the white beans, and 3 ½ cups of the broth into the pot; stir and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend together 1 can of the white beans, the yogurt/sour cream and ½ cup of broth. Pour the mixture in the pot along with the corn, cilantro, and nutritional yeast. Stir and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Before serving, stir in the lime juice. Add salt & pepper to taste
- Top with additional cilantro and ENJOY!!
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container and kept in your fridge for up to about 4 to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 402
- Sugar: 8.1 g
- Sodium: 798.9 mg
- Fat: 9.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 63.2 g
- Protein: 20.1 g
- Cholesterol: 6.7 mg
Keywords: white chili, chickpea chili