The best White Wine Pasta Sauce recipe is so easy to make with just 5 simple ingredients. Light, full of flavor and absolutely irresistible; this white wine sauce is ready to enjoy in just 15 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, optional
- Add the olive oil and garlic to a cold skillet. Then, place the skillet over medium-low heat and cook for 2 minutes, or just until the garlic is fragrant.
- Slowly add the white wine to the pan and whisk to combine— it may pop a bit at first!
- With the pan still over medium-low heat, add one tablespoon of butter and whisk until the butter has been fully incorporated. Repeat adding one tablespoon of butter and whisking until all of the butter has melted smoothly.
- Add the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened to your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Nutritional info is only for the sauce and does not include pasta.
- Category: sauce
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: white wine sauce, white wine pasta sauce, pasta sauce