- 2 cups grated and packed zucchini (measure before you squeeze out the moisture), about 2 small zucchini
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2/3 cup tomato, diced**
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 big handfuls of spinach, chopped
- ~1 cup of grated cheddar cheese (or other cheese or choice)
- 6 slices of cooked bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
**These veggies measurements are not exact. You can really put more or less as you wish. You mainly just want to end up with about 2 cups of sauteed veggies in the end.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease a pie pan.
(for next few steps on preparing zucchini, see pictures from this post)
- Shred zucchini using the shredding attachment to a food processor or a box grater (using the finer shred option). Place in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle zucchini with 2 teaspoons of the salt, toss well, and let sit for 10-20 minutes. This draws out a lot of the water from the zucchini so that the crust won’t end up soggy.
- Place the zucchini in a dish towel or cheese cloth and ring out AS MUCH of the moisture as you can. When you think you’ve gotten it all out, give it a few more squeezes.
- Moisture removed, place zucchini in a medium bowl and thoroughly mix in the flour and egg
- Put the zucchini mixture into the pie pan and evenly spread it out to the cover the dish. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until nice and browned.
- While crust is baking, put your veggies in a pan to saute and prepare your egg filling….
- In a large bowl, whisk together 6 eggs, a cup of milk, thyme, and S&P.
- Layer half of the cheese on top of the crust and then evenly spread out half of the bacon on top of that.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust followed by the sauteed vegetables, evenly spread out.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake quiche for 35-45 minutes until firm.
ENJOY! You earned this breakfast!