Zucchini Linguine- this easy vegetarian dinner is made with linguine and spiralized zucchini noodles for a meal that’s delicious and filling for the whole family!
- 1/3 pound of dried linguine noodles
- 2 summer squash- I used one yellow crookneck squash and one zucchini squash
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Large handful of fresh mint- ends up being about 1/4 packed, thinly sliced
- Juice and zest from one lemon
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese- fresh tastes a lot better and melts into the dish better than already grated parmesan
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. I like the lightly oil and generously salt my water. Once done, reserve 2/3 cup of the cooking water and drain the pasta.
- Slice or spiralize your squash.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add in your olive oil and let get hot. Add in the squash and cook to your desired doneness. I like mine almost still raw but heated all of the way through which takes about 3-4 minutes. You can also cook the squash longer, about 8 minutes, until it’s softer and cooked through a bit better.
- Turn the heat to low and add in the mint slices, lemon zest, lemon juice, drained pasta, and 1/2 cup of the cooking water (the other 1/3 cup is just in case you think it needs a bit more). Toss until combined.
- Divide the pasta among 2 plates and grate on the parmesan to each dish.
- Salt and pepper to taste and then ENJOY!!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes