- 1 cup of zucchini, shredded and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 cup of apple, shredded and squeezed of excess liquid (ends up being about 1 average sized apple)
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 and ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of almond milk or other non dairy milk, plain or flavored is fine
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of apple sauce
- 1 flax egg
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease (or line) a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Grate the zucchini and apple into a large paper towel (can also use a regular towel) and let sit for 5 minutes. After that time, squeeze the paper towel VERY tight over the sink to remove the excess moisture. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- Add in the grated zucchini and apple and stir to coat.
- Making a well in the center, add in the milk, vanilla, flax egg, and apple sauce. Stir to combine but be careful not to over stir.
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin tin and bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, lower the temperature to 375 and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Use a toothpick to check for doneness. Let cool slightly and ENJOY!!
Adapted from Crunchy Creamy Sweet