Asparagus & Cheese Stuffed Chicken- this is an easy weeknight dinner that is so simple to make and ridiculously delicious!
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- ~2 ozs of cheddar cheese (I used about 3 slices per chicken breast. Shredded cheese would work fine as well OR a different kind of melty cheese)
- 12 spears of asparagus, ends trimmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Start by butterflying your chicken. Place your hand on the top of the chicken breast and cut it down the center (think hamburger) without cutting all the way through. You still want the chicken to be in one piece so make sure you don’t cut through to the other side. Open up the chicken breast and lay it flat (it should kind of look like a butterfly). Evenly season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides.
- Place the cheese and asparagus spears on one half of each chicken breast and close it shut.
- In a large, ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Gently place the chicken in the skillet to sear on both sides until it’s a nice golden brown on each side. About 4 minutes per side. The cheese will melt out a little but that’s okay.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake until the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. About 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and ENJOY!
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: chicken dinner, healthy dinner, stuffed chicken