For the Black Beans:
- For the black beans:
- ½– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ cup of chopped onion*
- 2 cloves of garlic*
- ¼–½ cup of broth
- Fried egg
- Corn tortillas
- Sour cream or greek yogurt
- In a medium skillet, heat your oil over medium heat. Once hot, add in the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the black beans, ¼ cup of broth, and spices. Cook until the black beans are heated through, stirring frequently. Using the back of a wooden spoon, lightly mash about ¼ of the black beans. You *can* skip this step but it creates a nice and creamy texture that’s very lovely! If black beans seem quite dry, add in a couple more tablespoons of the broth and heat through.
- Remove black beans from heat and divide among 2 plates. Top with fried eggs and other desired toppings! Serve with warm tortillas for a delicious breakfast taco.
- If wanting to make this quickly with little-no chopping, you can easily sub the onion and garlic for ½-1 teaspoon each of onion and garlic powder. I’ve tried this a few times and it’s still delicious.
- I recommend that this dish serves 2 but it would also make a great side dish for 4.