This super simple and delicious Bourbon cocktail comes together directly in your glass and with a few simple ingredients.
- 1/2 of a lemon, cut into wedges*
- 5 cherries, pitted and cut in half or quarters (I like mine cut into smaller pieces)
- 2 1/2 ounces of bourbon*
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- ice for serving
- In the bottom of a shaker or directly in the cup, add the lemon wedges and cherries. Muddle together until you’ve released nearly all of the juice from the lemon and the cherries are broken up until much smaller pieces.
- Add in the bourbon and maple syrup.
- If making the cocktail directly in your glass, add ice and stir to combine.
- If making it in a shaker, add ice to the shaker and shake about 30 times. Strain into a glass filled with ice (or you can pour it unstrained so that you get all of he chunks of cherry in your drink!)
*you can also you the equivalent amount of lemon juice, about 2 1/3 tablespoons of lemon juice
*while I LOVE bourbon in this recipe, really any liquor would work well. I’ve tried it with gin and loved it!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: cocktails
- Method: stirring
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan cocktail, bourbon cocktail, summer bourbon cocktail