Cherry Bomb Cocktail
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you find yourself with a handful of extra cherries lying around then I HIGHLY suggest giving this Bourbon Cherry Cocktail a try! Super simple to make and SO so delicious!
Oh hello fruity cherry cocktail of my DREAMS! We’e been swimming in cherries lately (cherry season in Oregon is STRONG and beautiful!). So, I’ve been coming up with all kinds of ways to use them. So far this year we’ve made Chocolate Cherry Coffee Cake, Cherry Crumble Pie, a super simple Cherry Smoothie, and THIS cherry cocktail of deliciousness!
That seems like a nice well rounded list of cherry sweetness to me :) Hopefully I can squeeze in ONE more cherry recipe before the summer is over :)
Since it’s the weekend, we’re going to keep things SHORT and sweet for today’s post. Plus, who really needs a long monologue for a cocktail recipe? NO ONE! That’s who :D
Ingredients in this summer bourbon cocktail:
- Fresh cherries– I’ve never tried this with frozen cherries but if that is all you have on hand, you can easily thaw them a little and use them. Be sure to pit them first. I like to chop each cherry into about 4 small pieces so that it’s easier to muddle and so that it makes for smaller bits of fruit when you’re drinking it.
- Liquor– I always have this with bourbon. In fact, it’s a take on my Whiskey Smash cocktail recipe that we all love SO MUCH! However, you really could use any liquor in this that you desire. I think it would be great with gin or even rum!
- Maple syrup– I really like the simplicity of maple syrup in this cocktail. It pairs well with the cherries. However, you can also use honey (although I find that it doesn’t dissolve as well) or simple syrup if you have that on hand.
- Lemon– I love to add the lemon wedges right into the cup and muddle them together with the cherries. However, you can simply use lemon juice if that is all you have on hand.
- Mint– I typically don’t add mint into this cocktail but it’s an optional addition if you’d like to try it!
AND that’s it for today! As usual, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making!
More delicious cocktails to try:
- Classic Mojito
- Boozy Frozen Lemonade
- Ginger Beer Mojito
- Gin and Tonic
- Bellini 3 ways
- Whiskey Smash
- Mango Wine Slushie
- Classic Aperol Spritz
- White Russian
- Blueberry Mojito
- Vodka Lemonade
- Grapefruit Margaritas
See how to make the bourbon cocktail here:Print
This super simple and delicious Bourbon cocktail comes together directly in your glass and with a few simple ingredients.
- 1/2 of a lemon, cut into wedges*
- 5 cherries, pitted and cut in half or quarters (I like mine cut into smaller pieces)
- 2 1/2 ounces of bourbon*
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- ice for serving
- In the bottom of a shaker or directly in the cup, add the lemon wedges and cherries. Muddle together until you’ve released nearly all of the juice from the lemon and the cherries are broken up until much smaller pieces.
- Add in the bourbon and maple syrup.
- If making the cocktail directly in your glass, add ice and stir to combine.
- If making it in a shaker, add ice to the shaker and shake about 30 times. Strain into a glass filled with ice (or you can pour it unstrained so that you get all of he chunks of cherry in your drink!)
*you can also you the equivalent amount of lemon juice, about 2 1/3 tablespoons of lemon juice
*while I LOVE bourbon in this recipe, really any liquor would work well. I’ve tried it with gin and loved it!
- Category: cocktails
- Method: stirring
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan cocktail, bourbon cocktail, summer bourbon cocktail