Nourishing Coconut Tofu Soup is a mix of ginger, garlic, lemongrass, mushrooms and tofu, all simmered together in a savory broth. An easy, healthy meal that’s full of flavor and ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of red curry paste
- 6 cups of vegetable broth (or other broth as desired)
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 stalk of lemongrass (remove the brown outer leaves and cut into 3 long chunks as seen in the video)*
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 8 ounces of shiitake mushrooms
- 2 15-ounce cans of coconut milk*
- 1 block of firm or extra firm tofu, pressed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- Cilantro and green onion for serving
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add in the ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Mix in the broth, maple syrup, lemongrass and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the mushrooms, coconut milk, and tofu. Bring back to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice. Remove the lemongrass stalks and discard.
- Serve topped with green onion and cilantro and enjoy!
Lemongrass – You can also use 1 tablespoon of lemongrass pasta as needed.
Coconut milk – I like full fat coconut milk in this recipe, but you can also use lite coconut milk.
- In the fridge. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days. Simply reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- To freeze. Allow the soup to cool completely before placing it into airtight, freezer-friendly bags or containers. Place in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply allow the soup to thaw in the refrigerator before re-heating on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: soup
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tofu soup, tofu and mushroom soup