Easy and DELICIOUS Vegan Creamy Tomato One Pot Pasta
- 8 ounces of penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of packed sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup of chopped zucchini, about 1 large
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil (can also use fresh chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of water
- You can either soak the cashews overnight OR quickly soften them by boiling the cashews in water for 20 minutes. To do this, simply place the cashews in a pot and cover them with water. Bring to a boil and boil lightly for 20 minutes. Drain the water and let cool.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and once hot, add in the bell pepper and zucchini. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until the veggies begin to soften. Add in the garlic and cook for 2 additional minutes. Place the veggies on a plate and set aside.
- Make the sauce by combining soaked and drained cashews, diced tomatoes, herbs, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper in a blender. Blend until completely smooth which can take a few minutes.
- Without bothering to whip the skillet clean, add in the water and tomato/ cashew sauce and bring to a simmer. Add in the pasta and cook until the pasta is al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add the veggies back into the skillet as well as the sun dried tomatoes. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed and cook another couple of minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Pasta
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan dinners, vegan recipes, one pot vegan