Easy to make Tofu kebabs that are perfect for vegan grilling!
For the marinade:
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke
For the kebabs:
- 1 package tofu, pressed and cut into cubes
- 1 medium red onion, chopped into roughly 1 inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini, cut into thick slices
- Start by pressing your tofu. I like to use a tofu press for this but you can also do it by wrapping the tofu in a towel or paper towels, placing it on a plate, and then weighing it down with a heavy skillet for 30 minutes. Cut the tofu into 1 inch wide cubes.
- Make the tofu marinade by whisking together the soy sauce, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, fine sea salt, black pepper, and optional liquid smoke.* Place the tofu in a sealable container and cover with the marinade. Then marinate for a few hours or even overnight. When possible, I like to flip the tofu pieces over and move them around so that all of the tofu is getting soaked in the liquid.
- Place all of the veggies in a large bowl and gentle toss in a few tablespoons of the marinade from the tofu so that all of the veggies are lightly coated in the marinade. Assemble the kebabs by dividing the tofu and veggies evenly among the 8 skewers.
- Pre-heat your grill to 450 degrees F and brush the grate with oil. Place the skewers on the grill and grill for about 15 minutes, turning every few minutes. It’s done when both sides has firmed up a bit and has some nice grill marks.
- Category: dinner
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan grilling, vegetarian grilling, tofu recipe