Easy Tofu Kebabs
Easy tofu kebabs that are perfect for summer grilling season!
Summer is 1000% my favorite time of year and for us it means TONS of grilling! After I shared the Grilled Tofu recipe last month, I knew that I needed to make a version of it on kebabs. I used all of my favorite summer veggies on this one but obviously you can use whatever works best!
These vegan kebabs are perfect for summer get togethers where you’re not sure if there will be any veggie options for you. You can assemble them ahead of time and then pop them on the grill whenever you’re ready!
I marinated the tofu in the same marinate that I used with the grilled tofu because it’s simple and so good! Why re-invent the wheel when you don’t have to, right?
In an ideal situation, the pressed tofu would get marinated overnight but if you don’t have that much time, a much shorter marinade would also work just fine. After the tofu has marinated, I toss the veggies in that same liquid to give them a little flavor and so that they have a bit of oil on them for the grill.
To cook the kebabs, they just need about 10-15 minutes on the grill over medium high heat. To get everything evenly cooked and charred, I flipped mine every few minutes.
AND that’s it. We’re keeping it brief today because I spent WAY too long last night editing my latest Youtube video. You can watch it HERE if you’re interested!
Easy to make Tofu kebabs that are perfect for vegan grilling!
For the marinade:
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke
For the kebabs:
- 1 package tofu, pressed and cut into cubes
- 1 medium red onion, chopped into roughly 1 inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini, cut into thick slices
- Start by pressing your tofu. I like to use a tofu press for this but you can also do it by wrapping the tofu in a towel or paper towels, placing it on a plate, and then weighing it down with a heavy skillet for 30 minutes. Cut the tofu into 1 inch wide cubes.
- Make the tofu marinade by whisking together the soy sauce, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, fine sea salt, black pepper, and optional liquid smoke.* Place the tofu in a sealable container and cover with the marinade. Then marinate for a few hours or even overnight. When possible, I like to flip the tofu pieces over and move them around so that all of the tofu is getting soaked in the liquid.
- Place all of the veggies in a large bowl and gentle toss in a few tablespoons of the marinade from the tofu so that all of the veggies are lightly coated in the marinade. Assemble the kebabs by dividing the tofu and veggies evenly among the 8 skewers.
- Pre-heat your grill to 450 degrees F and brush the grate with oil. Place the skewers on the grill and grill for about 15 minutes, turning every few minutes. It’s done when both sides has firmed up a bit and has some nice grill marks.
- Category: dinner
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan grilling, vegetarian grilling, tofu recipe