- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 of a sweet onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1 1/2 cups of enchilada sauce
- optional for topping: 1/2-1 cup of vegan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Prepare your zucchinis by cutting them in half long ways and gently scooping out most of the inside of the zucchini and discarding. You want it so that the shell of the zucchini is just about 1/4 inch thick once the insides have been removed (see photo).
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat your olive oil and then add in the onion and pepper to sauté for 5 minutes. Add in garlic and spices and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add in black beans and cook for abour 3 more minutes until the black beans are heated through. Take off of the heat.
- Dividing evenly, spoon the mixture into the zucchinis and place them in the greased baking dish.
- Top the zuchinnis with the enchilada sauce.
- Optional: top with vegan cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Mexican