For the chicken:
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
For the wraps:
- living lettuce
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced (I used 1/2 red and 1/2 yellow)
For topping (optional):
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- cilantro, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking tray with tin foil and lightly grease the foil. Place the chicken breasts in the tray.
- TO make the sauce: in a medium bowl, whisk together the chili sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, lime juice, and sriracha.
- Pour about half of the sauce over the chicken and save the rest for later.
- Bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken has reached 165 degrees (If you don’t already have one, I HIGHLY recommend investing in a meat thermometer– they’re super cheap!)
- While the chicken bakes, thinly slice the bell pepper, carrot, and cucumber.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, let cool slightly before slicing it into strips.
To assemble the wraps:
- Evenly spread the veggies between the lettuce wraps, top with the chicken and then the cilantro, peanuts, and a bit more of the sweet chili sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes