- 1/2 cup of superfine blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 of oil for frying, olive oil works great
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 4 chicken breasts (6ish ounces each), pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce
- 4 ounces of whole-milk mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- fresh basil or parsley for garnish, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a plate with paper towels to place the fried chicken on.
- Make your breading in a shallow dish by whisking together the almond flour, parmesan, salt, dried parsley, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium high heat until hot.
- In a shallow dish beat the egg.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg so that it is full covered and then dip it in the breading so that it is fully covered on all sides in the breading.
- Fry the chicken in the hot oil for 3 minutes on each side or until a nice golden grown. No need to fully cook the chicken as it will finish cooking in the oven. Once done, place the chicken on the paper towel lined plate.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish or oven proof skillet. Place the chicken in the dish and then spread the remaining marinara sauce evenly on top of the chicken. Place the sliced mozzarella on top of the chicken and bake for 20 minutes until it’s a nice golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and ENJOY!!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 28 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: italian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 509
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 10.5g
- Fiber: 6g
Keywords: chicken, parmesan, keto, italian