- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (I used half of a red and half of a green)
- 1 packet McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 4 cups water (more as needed- see instructions)
- 1 16 ounce jar of salsa
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn or frozen whole kernel corn
- 12 ounces pasta of choice (I used rotini pasta for this but a plant based pasta such as lentil pasta would work well too! Just check the cook time on the packaging as it may be different)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet or pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add in the onion and bell pepper. Saute for 8 minutes so that the veggies can soften slightly.
- Add in the remaining ingredients: taco seasoning, water, corn salsa, pasta, black beans, and salt + pepper. Mix to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or until the liquid is almost fully absorbed and the pasta is cooked through. If the pasta needs a little more time but the skillet is getting dry, you can add an additional 1/2 cup of water into the skillet.*
- Once the pasta is cooked through, remove from the heat and ENJOY!
*If you’re using a plant based pasta such as black bean pasta or lentil pasta, you may need less cook time. Check the packaging for cook time.