Easy and delicious Pressure Cooker Black Bean Soup!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Medium white onion, diced
- 1 Green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 6 cups of broth (I used veggie broth)
- 1 pound of dried black beans
- 1 4.5 ounce can green chiles
- For garnish: cilantro, pico de gallo, avocado, lime wedges
- On your pressure cooker, select the saute function and add in the olive oil. Once hot, sautee the onion and peppers for 5 minutes. Add in the garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook for one additional minute.
- Mix in the broth, dried beans, and green chiles. Set the pressure cooker to cook on manual HIGH pressure for 40 minutes. Mine takes about 10 minutes to pressurize before it starts to cook.
- Once done cooking, carefully release the pressure which will take a few minutes.
- If desired, use an immersion blender to blend the soup into a creamy consistency. This can also be done in a blender but be careful when transferring the hot soup.
- Top with desired garnish and ENJOY!
- Category: Soup
- Method: pressure cooker
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: pressure cooker soup, vegan soup, vegan pressure cooker